Find below an ever-growing collection of Site Director Cora Johnston’s recommended resources and readings.
Storytelling for “Sticky” Scientific Communication
Science Storytelling – resources from Data Nuggets
Courses and resources (best practices) through CIRTL
Teaching writing – a guide from WSU
Analysis & Writing
Advanced Statistics in R – lecture notes from Kyle Edwards
Writing a scientific paper (download) – from Kevin Lafferty (who has more advice; see publications)
Writing Science by Joshua Schimel
Advice for New Faculty Members by Robert Boice (read it early and often)
The Confidence Gap from Forbes
- Research Opportunities and Internships
- Texas A&M Wildlife & Fisheries Science Job Board: https://wfscjobs.tamu.edu/job-board/
- RIT Co-op Internships & Research Opportunities list: https://people.rit.edu/~gtfsbi/Symp/ecology.htm
- Eco-Log listserve, now available as a Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/ecolog_l?lang=en
- LTER Network Jobs: https://lternet.edu/opportunities
Collaboration & Teamwork
Collaboration & Team Science Field Guide from NIH (2018)
Clear Leadership by Gervase Bushe
Get a Twitter handle.
Print business cards.